Wishing you a very Happy Birthday.
23 July 2016
12 July 2016
06 July 2016
I started an intensive fitness-regime on 01 Apr 2016.
With every day intense cardio, weight training and strictly healthy diet - I'm glad to share my 6kg weight loss in first 90 days.
This picture is taken after an 8 km run this morning, at my hometown - where I'm visiting my parents this week for Eid.
The most important factor for keeping up with training is a vision, why you want to achieve that vision, and a deadline. I can write an entire book about it here, but for now - I just wanna take a moment to share my happiness.
More good results to follow.
05 July 2016
13 June 2016
11 June 2016
- Gawker Media was launched in 2003 and incorporated in 2012, as an online media company with a network of blogs.
- 2007, a Gawker Media owned website exposes billionaire Peter Thiel as gay, stirring up bad blood with the Silicon Valley moghul.
- 2012, Gawker Media publishes a 41 second Hulk Hogan's sex-tape.
- 2013, Gawker Media refuses to remove the sex-tape, citing the First Amendment as its Freedom for Speech, and argues that the 41 seconds of video has news value.
- Wrestler Hulk Hogan fights for his Privacy, and sues Gawker Media for (then) $100m.
- 2016, Hulk Hogan wins the $140m lawsuit, as judge order Gawker Media to pay.
- Gawker Media files for bankruptcy protection goes up for sale.
- Should the gossip and new media be allowed to intrude into people's life to make cheap profits. Apparently their cheap profits run into $6.5m for the year 2014.
- Is the obnoxious amount of wealth in the billionaire club and Silicon Valley's digital muscle, exerting undue influence over media (press).
- Billionaire Phillip Thiel, was obviously the dark knight in this war. This hero also was an early investor in Facebook and co-founder of PayPal. Humiliated by Gawker in 2007, he has got his sweet revenge by putting Gawker out of business.
- Hulk Hogan, once the focus of gossip, is now a poster-boy for Freedom of Privacy.
- Gawker Media, was an influential force in the growth of online media in early days. Often frowned upon for its cheesy gossip. And in Peter Thiel's words "built its business on humiliating people for sport".
10 June 2016
Sharpening my skills at MindChamps at Tao Payoh Hub.
I took a course on improving my skills to interview candidates. Interviewing potential hires is currently part of my managerial responsibility.
I found the course to be very useful, practical, and can be applied immediately. It was an applied and workshop styled course. I highly recommend it.
09 June 2016
07 June 2016
Step 2) start by warming up with the lowest weight (example: 25 lbs) with at least 20 reps. This will be your warm-up, to get the target muscles flushed with blood (doesn't count as a set).
Step 3) rest for 1 minute.
- When you start with the highest weight, you are officially hitting your muscle hardest. This helps to build mass and strength. But you can't keep going with such heavy weights, your form starts to off-track and you hit failure pretty soon. That's when you need to drop lower.
- When you reduce the weights, you get the extra mileage. This keeps the muscles pumped way much longer. You can't reach this state if you were exercising with a fixed weight.
- Every time you reduce the weights, it gives you more room to improve your form, which chisels and adds more definition to the target muscles.
Drop Set technique was developed by Henry Atkins in 1940 and published in 1949.